Aama Infotech Private Limited (“AAMASHOP” or “we”) takes the privacy of your information seriously. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect from you through our stores, website (including sub-domains and microsites) and mobile applications. It also describes the purposes for which we collect that personal information, the other parties with whom we may share it and the measures we take to protect the security of your data. It also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your personal information, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
You are advised to carefully read this Privacy Notice before using or availing any of our products and/or services.
In this Privacy Notice, the following definitions are used:
a small file placed on your device by our website or mobile application when you either visit or use certain features of our website or mobile application. A cookie generally allows a website to remember your actions or preference for a certain period of time.
includes non-personal information, personal information and sensitive personal information about you, which either directly or indirectly in combination with other information, could allow you to be identified when you visit our stores, website and/or mobile application.
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law for the time being in force relating to the processing of Data.
select third parties with whom we have contracts for the businesses described in this Privacy Notice.
includes entities to whom we will disclose your Data in order to process information for a specific purpose pursuant to written contract.
User or you
the natural person who accesses our stores, website or mobile application.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect Data for various purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
This Data includes, without limitation, the following categories:
- Contact information: first and last name, email address, postal address, country, employer, phone number and other similar contact data.
- Financial information: payment instrument information, transactions, transaction history, preferences, method, mode and manner of payment, spending pattern or trends, and other similar data.
- Technical information: website, device and mobile app usage, Internet Protocol (IP) address and similar information collected via automated means, such as cookies, pixels and similar technologies.
- Transaction information: the date of the transaction, total amount, transaction history and preferences and related details.
- Product and service information: Your account membership number, registration and payment information, and program-specific information, when you request products and/or services directly from us or participate in marketing programs.
- Personal information: Age, sex, date of birth, marital status, nationality, details of government identification documents provided, occupation, ethnicity, religion, travel history or any other personal information provided in responses to surveys or questionnaires.
- Your reviews, feedback and opinions about our products, programmes, and services.
Loyalty programme information: your loyalty membership information, account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner programme affiliation.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect Data in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or mobile application or give us in any other way (e.g., at outlets, stores, hotels, kiosks). Please see the section titled “Data Shared by You” for more information.
- Automatic Information We Collect: We use “cookies”, pixels and similar technologies to receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Please see the section below, titled “Data that is Collected Automatically” for more information.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more relevant and interesting, we often receive a confirmation (if your device supports such capabilities) when you open e-mail from us or click on a link in the e-mail. You can choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any marketing email.
- Automatic Information We Collect from Other Websites: We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with third-party websites that use our technology or with whom we have a specific agreement. Because we process this information on behalf of the applicable website operators, collection, processing, and use of such information is subject to the applicable website operators’ privacy policies and is not covered by our Privacy Notice.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information from other sources. An example of this is when you authorize a third-party website, to interact directly with our website or mobile application to provide or receive Data about you. In that case, we might receive such Data used by that third-party website to identify your account with that website.
You can make choices about our collection and use of your Data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove your Data on our website or mobile application. When you are asked to provide Data, you may decline.
DATA SHARED BY YOU
We may collect your Data in several ways from your use of our stores, website or mobile application. For instance:
- when you register with us to receive our products and/or services.
- when you conduct a transaction with us or attempt a transaction at our stores, on our website or mobile application.
- when you complete surveys conducted by or for us;
- when you elect to receive any communications (including promotional offers) from us;
- from the information gathered by your visit to our stores, website or mobile application;
- Contacts Permissions: If you allow us to access your contact list information including you and your contacts’ e-mail ids and any other details saved therein, it enables us to provide social features to you and your friends/contacts such as sharing your orders with your friends/contacts, inviting your contacts to try our app, send across referral links to your friends/contacts, etc. We may also use this information to make recommendations for groceries. This information will be synced from your phone and stored on our servers.
- Further, you may from time to time choose to provide payment related financial information (credit card, debit card, bank account details, name, billing address, shipping address, phone number etc.) on the website. We are committed to keeping all such sensitive data/information safe at all times and ensure that such data/information is only transacted over secure websites of approved payment gateways which are digitally encrypted and provide the highest possible degree of care available under the technology presently in use.
- The Company will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you. Additionally, your information may be used to communicate with you, screen orders for potential risk or fraud, use of preferences related information for advertising purposes and site optimization.
- Device information: We may need your device permission to get information about your device, like OS (operating system) name, mobile network, hardware model, unique device identifier, etc. Based on these inputs, we intend to optimize your order experience and thereby serve you better.
- This permission enables us to give you the benefit of delivering the product to your address and also to provide location specific deals with personalized in-funnel experience.
- With Other Users: If you are a delivery partner, this permission enables us to verify your exact location information and locate your present location to align you at the preferred region when you begin or engage in a delivery and track the progress and completion of your trips.
- This feature/permission helps in connecting the right delivery partner with the right delivery opportunity and the path helps in computing the right distance pay along with providing consumers visibility of delivery partners location during delivery for address interventions.
- SMS: If you allow us to access your SMS, we read your SMS to autofill or pre-populate ‘OTP’ while making a transaction and to validate your mobile number. This provides you a seamless purchase experience while making an order and you do not need to move out of the app to read the SMS and then enter it in the app.
- The app requires access to make phone calls so that you can make phone calls to our customer contact centres directly through the app.
- Email ID: If you allow us to access your email id then, it enables us to send various deals and offers directly to your email.
- Photo/ Media/ Files: We take media storage permissions to cache the Aamashop images to provide seamless and fast experience while browsing Aamashop app.
- Wi-Fi connection information: When you allow us the permission to detect your Wi-Fi connection, we optimize your experience such as more detailing on maps, better image loading etc.
- Camera: You can grant camera permission as well to take pictures from your camera like that of the invoice, defective products etc., in our customer chat feature.
DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- We automatically collect some information when you visit our website or use our mobile application. This information helps us to make improvements to our content and navigation. The information collected automatically includes your IP address.
- Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP addresses, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. We uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security, as well enhance performance of our website or mobile application.
- We may collect your Data automatically via Cookies, pixels and similar technologies in line with settings on your browser. For more information about Cookies, please see the section below, titled “Cookies”.
OUR USE OF DATA
Any or all the above Data may be required by us from time to time to provide information relating to AIPL and to work on the experience when using our website or mobile application. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
- provide products and/or services and communicate with you about products and/or services offered by us;
- enable Partners to offer their products and/or services and communicate with you about such products and/or services;
- processing, disclosing, transmitting, and/or sharing the data/information with other third parties which have business or contractual dealings with us;
- provide you with offers (including for financial products and/or services), personalized services and recommendations and improve your experience on our website and mobile application;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, website and mobile application;
- generate aggregated data to prepare insights to enable us to understand customer behaviour, patterns and trends with a view to learning more about your preferences or other characteristics;
- provide privileges and benefits to you, marketing and promotional campaigns based on your profile;
- in connection with loyalty programs owned and operated by us or by other Entities;
- communicate with you (including to respond to your requests, questions, feedback, claims or
disputes) and to customize and improve our services;
- protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity, harm, financial loss and other legal or information security risks; and
- serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by applicable law.
We treat these inferences as personal information (or sensitive personal information, as the case may be), where required under applicable law. Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
Where required under applicable law, we will only use your personal information with your consent; as necessary to provide you with products and/or services; to comply with a legal obligation; or when there is a legitimate interest that necessitates the use.
Our website and mobile application do not offer products or services for use by minors. If you are under 18, you may use our website or mobile application only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
SHARING OF DATA
We may share your Data with for
- Partners: We may make available to you services, products, or applications provided by Partners for use on or through our website or mobile application. If you choose to use such service, customer information related to those transactions may be shared with such Partner.
- Service Providers: We may share your Data with Service Providers. Examples include storing and analysing Data, protecting and securing our systems, providing search results and links, providing customer service, credit analysis, processing your information for profiling, user analysis and payment processing.
These Service Providers will be required to only process Data in accordance with express instructions and as necessary to perform services for purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice. The Service Providers will also be required to safeguard the security and confidentiality of the Data they process by implementing appropriate technical and organizational security measures and confidentiality obligations binding employees accessing Data.
- When AIPL acts as a Service Provider: We may process and share your Data with Partners when we act as a service provider to such Partners.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. Your Data (including in relation to loyalty programs) may be transferred as part of such transaction.
- Third Parties: We may also share your Data with other third parties where:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process; or
- We need to operate and maintain the security of our website or mobile application, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
We require these third parties by contract to only process sensitive personal data in accordance with our instructions and as necessary to perform services on our behalf or in compliance with applicable law. We also require them to safeguard the security and confidentiality of the sensitive personal data they process on our behalf by implementing appropriate confidentiality, technical and organizational security measures.
Please note that our Partners may have privacy practices that differ from those of AIPL. The use of your Data will be governed by their privacy statements when you provide Data on their websites.
KEEPING DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data and we store your Data on secure servers. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us by e-mail.
RETENTION OF DATA
AIPL retains Data for as long as necessary for the use of our products and/or services or to provide access to and use of our website or mobile application, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, enforcing our agreements and as long as processing and retaining your Data is necessary for our legitimate interests. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Even if we delete your Data, including on account of exercise of your right under Clause 12 below, it may persist on backup or archival media for audit, legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
When we process Data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of AIPL as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may transfer Data we collect about you to recipients in India, where we are headquartered. India may not have the same Data Protection Laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your Data to India, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice, as disclosed to you at the time of data collection or as described in our program-specific privacy notice.
Depending on which Data Protection Laws are applicable to you, you may have the right or choice to:
- access your Data, rectify it, restrict or object to its processing, or request its deletion or anonymization.
- change or edit information submitted to us.
- receive the Data you provided to us to transmit it to another company.
- withdraw any consent provided or alter your preferences.
- where applicable, lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
You may submit a request as described in the “Contact Us” section below. We will not charge you for any request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. Data Protection Laws, depending on your country, may include the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to Confirmation and Access - the right to confirm our methods of processing and request
(i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
(ii) that we modify, update or delete such information.
- Right to Correction - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be Forgotten - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to Restrict / Object to Our Use of your Data - the right to limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – the right to withdraw your consent provided earlier.
- Right to File Complaints – the right to raise complaints to a regulatory authority.
For information about managing your Data and promotional communications, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the period for which we hold it.
WHERE WE STORE DATA
Data collected under this Privacy Notice is hosted on servers located in India.
PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We take steps to ensure that the Data we collect under this Privacy Notice is processed according to the provisions of this Privacy Notice and the requirements of applicable law.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate written contracts with our Partners and Service Providers that we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by such parties in a way that is consistent with applicable law.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this Privacy Notice (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Privacy Notice will not be affected.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
privacy questions and access to your personal information
In certain cases, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. In the event your information is not accessible online and you wish to obtain a copy of particular information you provided to us, or if you become aware the information is incorrect and you would like us to correct it, please contact us immediately
Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to ascertain your identity and to help us to respond to your request. We will contact you within 30 days of your request
HOW TO CONTACT US
To request to review, update, or delete your personal information or to otherwise reach us, please submit a request by e-mailing us at email@example.com. You may contact us for information on Service Providers, Partners with whom we may share your Data in compliance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Please see below the details of our grievance officer:
Name: Mr. Neel M Bhalodiya
Address: 4th Floor, Olympic Tower, Near Paras Society, Mahavirnagar, Himatnagar, Sabarkatha – 383001, Gujarat, INDIA.